Mindful Kids Program
- Written by BYA
- Last Updated on Friday, 13 January 2017 01:59
BYA MinDFUL KIDS Program
is now open for registration
(Please click here to register)
- BYA offers this program to create an environment for children of 6 to 12 years old to come learn, play and practice compassion and awareness through various mindfulness activities, which help to bring out creativity, confidence, and compassion of each child. As a result, it will help the children to improve their concentration in school, their physical flexibility as well as their communication and interaction skills with friends and families.
Schedule & Location:
- On Sundays, children will participate in activities from 11 am to 3 pm at Bodhi Academy Afterschool Center: 8762 Garden Grove Blvd., Garden Grove, CA.
- On occasion, children will also participate in special field trips or camping at Harmony Pines Camp & Retreat Center in Wrightwood, CA.
Fun and meaningful activities are to be incorporated throughout the program in various forms.
- Fun and interactive games
- Character and Team-building activities
- Guided Meditation, Mindfulness Lessons, Music & Songs
- Arts & Craft, Community Giving, Environmental Awareness projects
- Fieldtrips to various places such as museum, science/ art center, cultural/meditation center
- Participation and/or performance in educational festival, cultural activities, and spiritual events
BYA Mindful Youth Program is mindfully designed and run by Alan Toan Vu and a young team of caring and creative staff who deeply care about giving back to community by helping children to stay balanced between academic and social emotional development.
Alan is a 4th year college student majoring in Speech-Language Pathology. Aside from serving as the Youth Program Director for BYA, he is also a peer coach and mentor for CSULB students diagnosed with autism. He was initially introduced to mindfulness since he was 12 and has been practicing diligently since 2014.
Internet Parental Control:
Please allow your children to access the following websites:
BYA: www.bodhiyouth.org - and, Children Program Blog: www.blog.bodhiyouth.org
- $50/mo if you wish NOT to pack lunch for your children
- $25/mo if you will bring your own lunch for your children
Donation will be used for books, CDs, prizes, drink & snack, and program materials.
We would like to invite all parents to be involved with your children as an activity helper or participate in one of our volunteer positions. Your assistance and volunteering are greatly appreciated.
BYA Contact Info:
- Thank you for your support and participation -
WAYS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION:
1. Our program is now open for rolling registration, i.e., you may register for your children participation at any time during the program. However, the earlier they join, the better chance they have to earn enough point for prizes at the end of the program. Please click here to register online to reserve a spot. If we reach the maximum number, your children will be placed on a waiting list for participation.
2. Download the Youth Member Application and complete all fields with as much detail information as possible, then print out a copy to sign and date the application. Send the signed application along with any program donation (monthly, quarterly, or annually) to BYA at: 8762 Garden Grove Blvd. Suite 102, Garden Grove, CA 92844. (Please make your check payable to BYA. Memo: Mindful Kids Program).
3. You may also bring the completed paper application to the first day of your children's participation or fill out an application on-site.